What is Respite Care?
- Respite care in an aged-care home is 24/7 short-term care on a planned or emergency basis.
- Ashfield Baptist Homes offers respite services for people needing short-term accommodation (from one week to nine weeks, in any one calendar year).
- All Respite residents have the option to transition to permanent residency at the end of their initial stay.
Why choose Residential Respite Care?
- Respite care provides carers with the opportunity to take a break. Regular breaks are important for carers to look after their own health and wellbeing.
- Residential respite care can assist people transitioning from a hospital stay before moving back home.
- Short term respite care can be a good way to trial living in residential aged care or help loved ones transition in as a permanent resident.
- Respite residents live alongside current residents, helping foster connections and ensure that they feel part of our community. They can participate in all activities and entertainment in the nursing home.
What are the fees for Residential Respite Care?
- Respite residents are charged the basic daily care fee for each day for the length of the stay. The basic daily care fee is determined by the Australian Government and is reviewed twice yearly.
- The current Basic Daily Care Fee is $56.87 (20 September 2022)
- The maximum number of respite days in any calendar year is 63.